Monday, September 23, 2013

Where Did My America Go? By Karen Starks

This image, titled Uncle Sam Consoling Lady Liberty, is just about one of the saddest things I've seen in a very long time. Unfortunately America is at this point, and it goes very well with the poem below that I came across today. It pretty much sums up what is going on in these former fine states.  Such a shame people are literally not just letting, but throwing away their freedoms.  Absolutely NOTHING makes any sense anymore - except maybe this poem.  Thank you Karen Starks!

Where did my America go?
A country strong and proud
Morale was high, unemployment low
Free speech was allowed

Where did my America go?
When it was God who ruled this land
Built to greatness by the average Joe
We all stood hand in hand

Where did my America go?
Where outside, the children would play
Ate healthy foods to help them grow
‘The Pledge of Allegiance’ started their day

Where did my America go?
When our leaders … truly led
Not some dog and pony show
We could believe in what they said

Where did my America go?
Did our brave soldiers die in vain
It’s hard to know, friend from foe
Can someone please explain

Where did my America go?
Why doesn’t anyone care
How can some of you still not know
The dream has become a nightmare

                                 -Karen Starks

1 comment:

Matt Harvath said...

AMEN! I think this is a common sentiment across the country right now!